- Carbon dioxide levels in the air are soaring
- Air Temperatures are increasing
- Air temperature & CO2 moved together for 800,000 years
- Sea Levels are increasing
- The area covered by Arctic Ice is decreasing
- The mass of Antarctic Ice is decreasing
- The mass of Greenland Ice is decreasing
- Ocean Acidity is increasing
- The ocean surface is warming
- Coral reef bleaching is increasing
- Carbon dioxide in the air is increasingly coming from burning
This evidence fits together
Notice how this evidence fits together. For example, it makes sense that both “global temperatures are increasing” and “Arctic ice is decreasing”. Both of these findings are consistent with global warming. It is the convergence of evidence like this that leads to scientific confidence.
Evidence: Humans are causing climate change.
Evidence: The climate is changing.
NASA says sea level is the yardstick of global warming. The rise in sea level rise indicates that our planet is warming.
Nearly one-third of the Australian Great Barrier Reef died after a marine heat wave and bleaching in 2016. And there was another mass bleaching in 2017.
They have moved together for 800,000 years.